It can be used for various applications because it is simple and plain.
10 piece-set White / Vermilion
Weight: 15g ( 4 monme =unit of weight,3.75g)
Length: 11.5 cm
Diameter: Top 2.0 cm Base 1.4 cm
Combustion time: Approximately 75 minutes
Material: Bran wax
100% plant wax blended with palm wax and rice wax( Rice bran wax)
Features of a Japanese candles
· The raw materials of Japanese candles are 100% plant materials while western candles use petroleum.
· The flame is hard to extinguish, because the candle wick is taken from the pith of rush.
· Melted wax is sucked in the candle wick, so it avoids most of dripping.
· Great fluctuation flame, orange soft light
· There are few oil smoke and soot.
· They are made by manually work one by one.
· When it is hard to light up in the first time, please Crush the tip of the candle wick a little, and put out the Japanese paper inside.
· We recommend to use the size that can be used up in one go.
· If you want to light it for the second time or later, make a small hole in the tip of the wick.
[About wick cutting]
· You need to cut off the tip of the wick during combustion.
· Use a wick cutter that can pinch and separate the wick. (Fire chopsticks, cigar cutter, etc.)
· When the tip of the wick hangs down a little, please cut it off while grasping the tip by pinching it. Leave about 2 cm of the wick.
· Since the cut wick is hot, place it in a vessel made of ceramic or other non-flammable material.
[About fire extinguishing]
· Do not turn it off with your hands, breath, or wind from a fan.
· Extinguish the fire by separating the lowest part of the fire.
·If it burns out to the end, crush the wick or cover it with an incombustible material. That way, no smoke or odor will remain.
· You can also dip it in oil to extinguish it. Make sure to dip only the wick tip into the oil.
· Please store in a cool, dark place. Due to its low melting point, it may melt at high temperatures. (approximately 50-56°C).
· Do not refrigerate. If it gets too cold, the surface may peel off.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.